Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are their any rod builders out there? If so, see first post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greenhead
    replied
    No, you absolutely do not need to finish the entire blank. Just the wraps is fine. Gloss blanks are already finished, that is what makes them glossy. Even if they weren't you still do not have to finish it. It is personal preference. All the matte graphite blanks you see for sale are "unfinished" and there is nothing wrong with that. Not sure if they still do, but G Loomis used to offer a whole line of "unfinished" matte rods, with the finish only on the wraps.

If you haven't found it already, there are a ton of guys on the forum at www.rodbuilding.org that are more than happy to give advice to beginners.

Leave a comment:

• canvasbackhunter
    replied
    Thanks, I am planning on doing some more research, I just wanted to know what I needed to order.

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    I'm not sure what an e-glass rod is but I typically only applied rod varnish to the wrapping for graphite blanks.

Leave a comment:

• canvasbackhunter
    replied
    If I buy an e-glass rod blank in gloss black, is it necessary to apply Finnish to the whole blank or just the wraps

Leave a comment:

• Are their any rod builders out there? If so, see first post.

Are their any rod builders out there? If so, see first post.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad