Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you ever have a snake chase or hit your bait?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you ever have a snake chase or hit your bait?

Did you ever have a snake chase or hit your bait?

A fishing buddy and I were fishing Lake Erie overnight for Walleye. I was casting a gray/silver Rapala about 50yds off Rattlesnake Island. After a few casts, a rattlesnake came right after it. Luckily i was able to reel faster than he could swim so he did not get it.
    True story.

Comment

Not on lures, but have caught several on trot lines. The snakes were usually drowned.

Comment

No snakes but I have caught several aligators on rubber worms while bass fishing.

Comment

They have rattlesnakes on Lake Erie?

I once had one try to eat a sunfish off my stringer. No idea what he would have done once he realized his free meal came with strings attached.

Comment

They have rattlesnakes on Lake Erie?

I once had one try to eat a sunfish off my stringer. No idea what he would have done once he realized his free meal came with strings attached.

Comment

No snakes but I caught snapper turtles with a nightcrawler or a shiner on my fishing hook.

Comment

I have found water moccasins and water snakes on stringers that I had bream on and left in the pond overnight. I have also had snapping turtles eat the bellies out of bass on a stringer. A few times I have had frogs take flies or other small lures.

Comment

I have found water moccasins and water snakes on stringers that I had bream on and left in the pond overnight. I have also had snapping turtles eat the bellies out of bass on a stringer. A few times I have had frogs take flies or other small lures.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad