Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well I gone and done it. Dropped my fishing pole in the lake. Managed to fish it out after around 10 minutes. What's hurt, anyth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I gone and done it. Dropped my fishing pole in the lake. Managed to fish it out after around 10 minutes. What's hurt, anyth

Well I gone and done it. Dropped my fishing pole in the lake. Managed to fish it out after around 10 minutes. What's hurt, anything I need to do?

Take a side plate off and let it dry real good, then oil/grease where necessary

Comment

Give the reel a real thorough cleaning. If its even kinda popular, you can find instructions on youtube. Clean it well, make sure all the water is out, lubricate, and you should be fine.

Comment

WD 40 will displace water so a good soaking with it will help.

Comment

Flush it out with clear tap water to get, if there is any, any salts that may have settled to the bottom of the lake out. Then dry and lube. If you're cheap like me use Vaseline to lube it well.

Comment

Good advice posted above.

So your fishing rod doesn't slip again out of your hands in the future start using a baseball pitcher's rosin bag. lol

Comment

clean water rinse
              dry well
              oil
              should be fine.
              its good to maintenance sometime anyway.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad