Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So i fish at this pond that has some nice bass but they dont seem very agressive like lake bass. Ive run scum frogs by them and

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So i fish at this pond that has some nice bass but they dont seem very agressive like lake bass. Ive run scum frogs by them and

So i fish at this pond that has some nice bass but they dont seem very agressive like lake bass. Ive run scum frogs by them and other plastics. they bite on nothing. any ideas on how to catch these bass?

Try a lizard, they HATE lizards.

Comment

Sorry Black body/ blue tail is my fav.

Comment

i got that same problem i think. i'm not sure what to do so i'm just tryin different stuff

Comment

a crankbait that stops right in front of them numerous times should get them mad enough.

Comment

No... I got a lake like that...crankbaits and spinnerbaits don't catch nothing. Ditto for all soft plastics. A topwater won't do it. Have you tried jigs. If not, you need to get some old-fashioned live bait. Nightcrawlers and large minnows should do. At the end of the day throw the rest of the bait into the lake so bass learn to reckonize them.

Comment

Live minnows, shiners or where legal a small bluegill. basically, live bait should do the trick. Shiners are about all the bass guides use on many of the big bass lakes in Florida.

Comment

i would try everything in your tackle box until you get them. it will take a while untill you get the right peace of tackle but i will pay off.

Comment

I would rig a worm wacky style and wiggle it by there face it should make them bite.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad