Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever fished the North Branch of the Au Sable river? Its fairly shallow any ideas of great baits to use? I have a hard tim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever fished the North Branch of the Au Sable river? Its fairly shallow any ideas of great baits to use? I have a hard tim

Anyone ever fished the North Branch of the Au Sable river? Its fairly shallow any ideas of great baits to use? I have a hard time with spinners getting caught up. I fish it usually with a kayak.

Have you tried the little Panther Martins? I use those on the Little Manistee by Fife Lake. Other times I just let a worm bounce off bottom through the deeper pools. You have to watch where you are though, due to fishing regulations with live or artificial bait.

Comment

I lived in the area for 18 years. If you're talking about the AuSable River in NY, there isn't a North Branch...there's an East branch and a West branch, and they come together in AuSable Forks (I used to work at the Stewart's Shop there and fished both before and after work). My favorite spinner to use was a gold Mepp's Aglia 1/12oz and orange little cleo 1/8oz spoon.

Comment

@Bioguy01 I actually meant the Au Sable in Northern Michigan. Apologies for the confusion.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad