Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just heard about a kid catching a 51" muskie and two muskies in the 40-50" range within a week and killing all three here in Iow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IND_NRA
    replied
    If the fish was endangered then it would be released back to swim another day. Since it is not, I would be enjoying some nice Muskie fillets. To each his own.

Leave a comment:

• 1Browning2
    replied
    I'm sorry but I have to disagree. I agree with chuckles and Mr.Awesome. Muskies are not fish you eat. It is purely a trophy fish. Catch order shouldn't matter. For those of you who have chased after muskies know how hard they are to come by. Release Release Release!

Leave a comment:

• MR AWESOME
    replied
    Dont make sense to me.I cant stand it if anybody wastes any meat if you kill something you should try to utilize as much of the fish as possible. A gamefish like that i would definetley let go. Go catch some perch if you want good eatin fish. Just ate half a dozen for dinner and they were delicous and very fresh(caught two hours before eating).

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    I think it would depend on the sequence of the catch. If I caught the smallest muskie first, I would keep it. Ditto on the middle one, and I would certainly keep the largest one.
    But if I caught the largest one first, I would release the two smaller ones.

Leave a comment:

• J.B.H
    replied
    as long as he ate it, fine by me.

Leave a comment:

• 1Browning2
    replied
    Agreed with chuckles. No reason to keep a muskie. Ever. They aren't fish you eat. Go catch northern and walleye if you want to eat. Those are trophy fish that are meant to keep on swimming.

Leave a comment:

• chuckles
    replied
    Damned shame.
    No reason on earth to kill fish like that. Unless you are in a survival situation there are better choices for eating and replica mounts last longer and look better.

Leave a comment:

• WisconsinWhitetail
    replied
    Did he eat them? If he did or plans on it then it is perfectly fine, if he just killed them and wasted the meat then that is not ethical and he shouldn't be fishing in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• LaineDillard22
    replied
    agreed

Leave a comment:

• habben97
    replied
    If he ate them I don't care, and if he didn't, well, that's just wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Just heard about a kid catching a 51" muskie and two muskies in the 40-50" range within a week and killing all three here in Iow

Just heard about a kid catching a 51" muskie and two muskies in the 40-50" range within a week and killing all three here in Iowa. What's your take on this?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Real Quiet
    by Pmacc60
    We Shaw see , trouble is 99 I know Joe Biden . He was my parents attorney and not a good one at that. He's not a bright guy and that’s at his best ....
    Today, 06:22 PM
  • Real Quiet
    by jhjimbo
    Dosen't anybody have an original thought ?
    09-17-2021, 12:23 AM
  • Reply to Elitist rule....
    by 99explorer
    lab ,
    As a member of the elites, I resent your disparaging tone.
    I just didn't realize we were so powerful.
    Today, 06:14 PM
  • Elitist rule....
    by FirstBubba
    ....is destroying America.

When Obama said in his campaign speech that he wanted to "...fundamentally change America as we know it!...",...
    Today, 02:26 PM
  • Reply to Elitist rule....
    by labrador12
    The uniting of the Clinton campaign with the media the FBI, the CIA and most of the Dept of Justice to deny the will of the people of the Republic of...
    Today, 06:08 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X