Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just heard about a kid catching a 51" muskie and two muskies in the 40-50" range within a week and killing all three here in Iow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just heard about a kid catching a 51" muskie and two muskies in the 40-50" range within a week and killing all three here in Iow

Just heard about a kid catching a 51" muskie and two muskies in the 40-50" range within a week and killing all three here in Iowa. What's your take on this?

If he ate them I don't care, and if he didn't, well, that's just wrong.

Comment

agreed

Comment

Did he eat them? If he did or plans on it then it is perfectly fine, if he just killed them and wasted the meat then that is not ethical and he shouldn't be fishing in the first place.

Comment

Damned shame.
          No reason on earth to kill fish like that. Unless you are in a survival situation there are better choices for eating and replica mounts last longer and look better.

Comment

Agreed with chuckles. No reason to keep a muskie. Ever. They aren't fish you eat. Go catch northern and walleye if you want to eat. Those are trophy fish that are meant to keep on swimming.

Comment

as long as he ate it, fine by me.

Comment

I think it would depend on the sequence of the catch. If I caught the smallest muskie first, I would keep it. Ditto on the middle one, and I would certainly keep the largest one.
                But if I caught the largest one first, I would release the two smaller ones.

Comment

Dont make sense to me.I cant stand it if anybody wastes any meat if you kill something you should try to utilize as much of the fish as possible. A gamefish like that i would definetley let go. Go catch some perch if you want good eatin fish. Just ate half a dozen for dinner and they were delicous and very fresh(caught two hours before eating).

Comment

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. I agree with chuckles and Mr.Awesome. Muskies are not fish you eat. It is purely a trophy fish. Catch order shouldn't matter. For those of you who have chased after muskies know how hard they are to come by. Release Release Release!

Comment

If the fish was endangered then it would be released back to swim another day. Since it is not, I would be enjoying some nice Muskie fillets. To each his own.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to lightfoot lindsey graham
                        by jhjimbo
                        Jack and Mike are comming to D.C. tomorrow.
                        Obama investigation and related investigations is being quarterbacked by Barr.

Congratulations...
                        Today, 11:58 AM
                      • lightfoot lindsey graham
                        by crm3006
                        Fox’s Lou Dobbs slams Lindsey Graham, ‘betrayed the American people’

October 24, 2020

Fox Business’ Lou Dobbs had some harsh...
                        Yesterday, 08:19 AM
                      • Reply to Rest Easy
                        by jhjimbo
                        Best way to take the heat off AR type rifles is to show more pictures of AR's with game taken in various hunting articles, show more AR's in the hands...
                        Today, 11:51 AM
                      • Rest Easy
                        by jhjimbo
                        Rest easy 2nd amendment, you are safe now - for the time being....
                        Yesterday, 08:55 PM
                      • Reply to biden corruption! This is some serious stuff.
                        by crm3006
                        "So SANTA is fake"

Oh ye of little faith, and an overload of cynicism! Santa exists, and is proven to exist, every Christmas! Santa...
                        Today, 11:32 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X