Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have found a small pond that is filled with small largemouth ranging from a half pound to 1 and a half pounds. I managed to g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have found a small pond that is filled with small largemouth ranging from a half pound to 1 and a half pounds. I managed to g

I have found a small pond that is filled with small largemouth ranging from a half pound to 1 and a half pounds. I managed to get 2 but there are a lot so what should I be use to get more and what time of the day should I fish?

There is a general rule that one should not remove more than 22 bass per surface acre per year from small farm ponds. You have the whole summer ahead of you.

Comment

sounds like your seeing a lot of fish but not catching them...in situations like this i usually switch over to plastics...ill toss plastics worms or salamanders in front of them them to try and get a strike.

Comment

soft plastics in the early morning or late afternoon/evening should work well.

In the small ponds I have fished, it seems like the fish are more aggressive than what you are describing, possibly due to higher competition for food? I usually have a ball using "broken-back" Rapalas or topwaters.

Comment

I agree with 99. you have to manage the pond to grow bigger bass. there are too many bass and not enough food, and it stunts their growth. I suggest using live bait such as minnows, and take some out to relocate or eat. the best eating size is between 1lb and 3lbs anyway.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 16 Years
            by 99explorer
            I love posting factual comments that can only be answered by personal insults from the other side.
            It's like taking candy from a baby!
            Today, 09:56 PM
          • 16 Years
            by jhjimbo
            So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
            08-12-2020, 09:20 PM
          • Reply to 16 Years
            by crm3006
            From #1 Bubba- "What you two clowns know about immigration law and citizenship requirements wouldn't fill a sewing thimble."

Hey,...
            Today, 09:51 PM
          • Reply to Need advice on choice of 20 gauge semi auto
            by crm3006
            What? Exposed your ignorance about Auto 5s, did I, little man? Gonna pout, and hold your breath 'til you turn blue?
            Today, 09:45 PM
          • Need advice on choice of 20 gauge semi auto
            by derek7
            Hi everyone,

I have one question regarding how to choose the right shotgun for myself. I want a 20 gauge semi auto with interchangeable barrel...
            08-11-2020, 09:03 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X