Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Personally what type of line do you use for an all around bass combo? The choices are (Braid/Superline, Mono, and Flurocarbon).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personally what type of line do you use for an all around bass combo? The choices are (Braid/Superline, Mono, and Flurocarbon).

Personally what type of line do you use for an all around bass combo? The choices are (Braid/Superline, Mono, and Flurocarbon). Add to that list if you can.

I never use fluorocarbon for bass. It's too expensive and as a general rule if you're fishing for bass properly you will fray your line often and have to cut chunks of it off. I use regular triline or berkley big game because they're cheap and I can cut big pieces of it off and not have it hurt. I use those brands if I can't find Suffix, personally I prefer the clear blue, but they discontinued it. In my opinion it was the best all around mono on the market. I suppose the clear Suffix would be the same, I just feel cooler fishing with the blue. As far as braids, I like power pro for fishing in the deepest weeds. Cheers

Comment

Thanks I used power pro for all applications on my last combo, but was thinking about switching to sufix siege (Smoke Green). I think I will go with sufix as long as I am not froging or jigging around cover.

Comment

Mono.

Comment

Use mono or braid depends on the rod I'm using.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad