Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i am fishing the chilisqaukee creek for smallmouth bass what is the best lure to use i cant make up my mind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i am fishing the chilisqaukee creek for smallmouth bass what is the best lure to use i cant make up my mind

i am fishing the chilisqaukee creek for smallmouth bass what is the best lure to use i cant make up my mind

My go to smallmouth bait is a Zoom swimming chunk on a 3/16oz strike king jig. I use 2 colors black w/ blue flake or watermelon in any combination. In my local river that is the absolute best bait to use. I have caught well over a 1000 smallies on that bait with minimal success using other baits. I have fished with plenty of people who will try other baits and not catch a thing, and I'll through my jig in and pull several smallies out of the hole they were just fishing! After me doing this for awhile I'll ask them if they want one of my rigs and they have yet to say no. I'm sold on this rig and in fact have close to a years worth of them ready to go. Check out my profile I have my largest smallmouth ever on there caught with this bait. Just try it and let me know how it works for you. Use exactly what I said.

Comment

I like fishing small tubes. Slip a tube jighead inside if you are fishing rocks and gravel. If you are fishing weeds, take a bell weight and slip into the tube eye first, then when you texas rig it, run the hook point thru the eye. Rigged this way the tube has the same eratic action as with the jig head. If you rig it with a bullet weight out in front you lose all the action.

Comment

My favorite for smallmouth is a 3/8 oz chartreuse jig head with a chartreuse twister tail. Sometimes I have better luck with the red hooks.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Handgun Laser Sights
          by PigHunter
          Bubba, I've been curious too. This is our first and so far I like it during dry fire. We're going to see how it is at the range in a few days....
          Today, 06:35 PM
        • Handgun Laser Sights
          by PigHunter
          On 7/19, Milldawg mentioned he'd ordered a laser sight for his wife's Ruger LCP 380 and they were on sale at MidwayUSA. Well, that inspired me to order...
          08-03-2020, 11:20 AM
          by PigHunter
          Good question. The old style Ruger LC9 has a very long trigger pull that's similar to that of a double action only revolver. I think it would be unlikely...
          Today, 06:32 PM
          by PigHunter
          I know how you feel. There's no way I'b bet my life on a conceal carry without ever firing it. Just this morning, PigHuntress told me she'd been practicing...
          Today, 06:27 PM
        • Reply to Do You Like To Fish In The Rain ?
          by Solitario Lupo
          Jimbo I dont really go for eyes on Erie but that is impressive almost 80 degrees on top and in that depths wonder how cold it gets in that thermocline....
          Today, 06:16 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X