Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anybody got any tips for big spawning bass i keep catching smaler ones on a 7 inch berkly power worm but i never catch the big o

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody got any tips for big spawning bass i keep catching smaler ones on a 7 inch berkly power worm but i never catch the big o

anybody got any tips for big spawning bass i keep catching smaler ones on a 7 inch berkly power worm but i never catch the big ones. help would be greatly appreciated

I assume you are talking about salt water bass. Very simply put big fish eat little fish. That is why they school according to size. As the run progresses you will catch larger fish

Comment

In fresh water bedding bass are tough. I catch a lot of the smaller males as well. You have to hit it just right when the females are up actually spawning.

Comment

What I "usta" do!

I used a black,firetail lizard and swam it slowly across spawning beds.
        The salamander is a natural enemy of spawning bass as they eat the eggs. A big sow bass may take a worm and gently move it to the side of her "nest". Let that salamander settle into the bottom of a nest and watch "momma" attack with the gusto of a starving hound dawg! What a rush!
        Incidentally, when fishing spawning beds, I always "catch and release"! Especially egg laden females!

Comment

Blue worm with a hot pink tail and put some Tabasco sauce on the worm is a hard one to beat in my experience. They just seem to love it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad