Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

it's the fishing opener in minnesota this weekend and im new to bass fishing on this lake. there is reeds but there shallow(abou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it's the fishing opener in minnesota this weekend and im new to bass fishing on this lake. there is reeds but there shallow(abou

it's the fishing opener in minnesota this weekend and im new to bass fishing on this lake. there is reeds but there shallow(about 1 foot) other than that it's mostly rock there is mostly smallmouth bass but some largemouth any tips to help me catch a few this weekend?

Will be be fishing in the arrowhead as that is the only place bass opens this weekend? You better check the ice conditions as a lot of lakes up there will not be open by this weekend.

Comment

If you find open water work it over with slow moving spinner baits and suspending jerk baits. If there isn't much biting those I would slow down to a bass jig with a trailer crawled across the bottom structure.

Comment

Agree with MNHunter. Bass doesn't open until the 25th of May in most of the state unless you are way up north. Hard to say though with all of this ice! Lakes in the Twin Citites areas are clearing up, but that is walleye and northern fishing only.

Comment

i thought it opened this weekend. i'll look.

Comment

Bass are usually slow just post ice off takes a bit warmer lake temps to get them active. i've seen some decent numbers in the bay of green bay (ice clearing off about 3 weeks ago) still in 20ft of water with hair jigs and tube jigs was still getting walleyes a few nice ones to. check the regs good luck.

Comment

In the rocky area try using either live crayfish or try some tubes. Bounce the tube off the bottom.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad