Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

im looking for a good jig fishing rod for 100 dollar or under. what would be a good length for the rod and what would be a good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im looking for a good jig fishing rod for 100 dollar or under. what would be a good length for the rod and what would be a good

im looking for a good jig fishing rod for 100 dollar or under. what would be a good length for the rod and what would be a good action medium heavy or heavy and what would be a good brand of rod

Shakespeare Ugly Stick

Comment

Dollar for dollar, the Ugly Stick is hard to beat. I personally use vintage Lew's 5'6" medium action telescopic fiberglass Speed Sticks to fish jigs. I like the old telescopic rods because I can carry them under the front seat of my truck along with a cigar box full of jig heads and tails. Living on the gulf coast, I never know when an opportunity to stop and fish will come up so I always stay prepared.

Comment

For the rod, I would check for clearance for Abu Garcia, quantum, lews and others. A 6'6" medium heavy rod is about as universal as you can get.

Comment

Ugly stick is defiantly the best bang for your buck, but if you are willing to spend $100, check out the skeet reese line.

Comment

Canvasbackhunter, I have fished with the new Team Lew's rods by Lynn Reeves and really liked them. They are the top of the Lew's line and as such are pricey. I have not fished with any of the lesser expensive Tournament or Laser series rods yet, but based on the performance and quality of the Team series, I would highly recommend them all. Yet when it comes down to how much rod you can get for a dollar, the Ugly Stick will always be hard to beat.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad