Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i have a pond back behind my house. how should i get more bass into the pond?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have a pond back behind my house. how should i get more bass into the pond?

i have a pond back behind my house. how should i get more bass into the pond?

Stock it with more bass... gotta make sure not to over populate it though. Contact the local fish and wildlife expert/officer in your area and they should be able to help answer any questions you may have.

Comment

Yeah bass aren't gonna show up by themselves. You gotta stock it and make sure you don't overstock it but also makesure nobody comes in and fishes the whole pond out.

Comment

put 10-15 in it and in 2 or three years youll have a whole lot moore i put 30 bluegill in my pond and i cant even count them all now

Comment

Depends on how big you pond is and the food source you are offering and where you live. If the pond is small and you live in the north where it freezes hard, you may never keep bass in there. If you have a 1/4 acre pond and 5 bass in it, you may never get more bass if they are constantly competing for food. Lots of factor play into this equation- come back with some more details and I can send you in the right direction.

Comment

i would say stock it with other bass and other littler fish so the bass can eat them or put anything else that they eat in the pond so they dont die from starvation.

Comment

matouse3 is right, gotta know the size and depth. It it is big enough, and deep enough, then catch some bass from another pond/lake, and put them in there.

Comment

make sure it's not illegal to transplant fish in your state but make sure to keep a good balance of panfish to bass though otherwise you'll stunt the growth.

Comment

yeah you should stock it with bass and don't forget any type of bait fish so the have something to eat.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to scope/red dot wrenches for rings/bases
                    by jhjimbo
                    You can buy a complete selection of sizes for very little - maybe $30. The selection covers all applications. Mine are in a yellow box and contain a few...
                    Today, 10:17 PM
                  • scope/red dot wrenches for rings/bases
                    by dewman
                    Getting quite a collection of wrenches. I'd say I've thrown this many away,keep smaller sizes that come in the package for adjustments with the red dot/reflex...
                    Yesterday, 03:07 PM
                  • Reply to How much is too much?
                    by FirstBubba
                    That's about as good an answer as there is, redangus.
                    When I worked in a sporting goods store and a customer asked me the "best caliber"...
                    Today, 10:12 PM
                  • How much is too much?
                    by FirstBubba
                    There is no doubt that a .30-06 Spgfld is more than adequate to actually slay a whitetail.

A lot of newbies come here and ask, "What...
                    Today, 09:40 AM
                  • Reply to How much is too much?
                    by jhjimbo
                    If the friend shot through a tree he must have had a full metal jacket solid. My BIL and I shot at a tree and he went through and my 30-30 penetrated...
                    Today, 10:10 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X