Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i love to carp fish! i don't get to fancy with it just corn and a hook, it produces a ton of fish and some big ones too. i keep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i love to carp fish! i don't get to fancy with it just corn and a hook, it produces a ton of fish and some big ones too. i keep

i love to carp fish! i don't get to fancy with it just corn and a hook, it produces a ton of fish and some big ones too. i keep about 50% of what i catch they are good fried if prepped the right way(cutting the gills, soaking in fresh water of 3 days). i smoked some fillets the other bay and they were great but they needed something just not sure what. recipe used brine 2 cups of salt 2 cups of sugar 2 shots of Brandie rub brown sugar

When I smoke fish, I never use any kind of sugar. Instead, I just use salt and plenty of black pepper. I use beer for soaking overnight then salt and pepper before putting into the smoker. Sometimes I buy big boxes of lemon pepper and use it on fish such as mullet, spanish mackerel, gar, and carp. I do use sugar cures on a lot of other swamp meats such as alligator which makes a darn good jerky.

Comment

Thanks for the tip ill have to try it but I know ill never try it on gar they are to good fryed

Comment

LaineDillard22, Click on my name in my above post to see some old pictures of how I clean carp. Just click on a picture to get it full size. I never open up the gut cavity and only use the tenderloin from carp. I cut the scales off with an electric knife. The scales just come off easily in strips. I have easily cut big scales off everything from a 6 foot alligator gar to a 30 pound redfish with that old trusty electric knife.

Comment

Ok I will give it a shot

Comment

my first trip here & all your hints sound good i`ll be like lainne & give it a shot

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad