Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i just broke a good fishing rod and i am on a tight budget seeing as i am 15 i want to find a sturdy rod thats very cheap i fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i just broke a good fishing rod and i am on a tight budget seeing as i am 15 i want to find a sturdy rod thats very cheap i fish

i just broke a good fishing rod and i am on a tight budget seeing as i am 15 i want to find a sturdy rod thats very cheap i fish tournaments

Cheap and sturdy? Get an Ugly Stick.

Comment

UGLY STICK!!!!

Comment

A friend of mine and I were getting ready for little tournament here he went out and bought some very high end rods. I found one at a discount for 6 bucks. I put a zebco 33 on it. He broke both of his rods. I still have that 6 dollar rod and caught quite a few fish that day to and still do. So not sure high dollar will get you everything you want. Ugly sticks are very good.

Comment

An Ugly Stick is the dollar for dollar best buy, but you could go pawn shopping, watch newspaper adds, and check garage/yard sales for a cheep good used rod that will still fill your needs.

Comment

ditto to everyone else, ugly stick is unbeatable as far as price and performance.

Comment

A used ugly stick would be the buy of the year. That's the equivalent of the $50 used Ithaca 37 Deerslayer.

Comment

The Ugly Stik may not be the best rod out there, but is sure one of the toughest. Take good care of it and watch out for car doors, they'll snap the toughest rod.

Comment

Another vote for Ugly Stick

Comment

Definitely Ugly Stick! I hope you don't blow up because you're too good for them....

Comment

I'll make it 10 Ugly Stick

Comment

Don't think I've seen such a unanimous decision on something before!

My vote is/was for the ugly stick as well!

Comment

Another vote for an Ugly Stik...

This has me thinking, wouldn't it be nice if this Site had a classified section? Heck, I've got a rod I'd give the poor kid if only there was a way.

Comment

Ugly Stick

Comment

Ugly Stick

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad