Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what are some good household catfish baits? im going tomorrow and i ushally use chicken lives but i dont have any. what are some

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Any liver, the bloodier, the better. Also, take a light rod and some of those commercial trout baits. Salmon eggs, cheese balls, etc. Pan-fish love those things, and big catfish love small pan fish. Check what is legal bait in your area.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    We always used hot dogs or dough balls.

Leave a comment:

• Skeeb
    replied
    I've had a lot of luck with shrimp that were soaked in vanilla extract.

Leave a comment:

• santa
    replied
    Psst.... dough balls with a little sardine packed in oil added to them, but keep it kinda secret or everyone will do it.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Dried-out chicken liver holds together well and works great for catfish.

Leave a comment:

• Ga hunter
    replied
    Hotdogs work wonders! I've caught some of my biggest cats on hotdogs.

Leave a comment:

• Knife Freak
    replied
    Set out a 2 liter bottle minnow trap and use live bait or maybe evan crawdads if you catch em.
    catfish will eat anything from soap, cheese, dogfood. Anything that smells bad.

Leave a comment:

• Pathfinder1
    replied
    Hi...

'Dough' balls made from bread rolled into a ball. Also cheese...and the stronger it smells, the better.

How big are the fish you're trying to catch? Ordinary night crawlers may do the job (although they might not be found IN your house).

Leave a comment:

• AAM
    replied
    Cheese.

Leave a comment:

• Sourdough Dave
    replied
    Canned clams, strips work best, chunk is ok, but the cheaper minced are too small to use

Leave a comment:

• what are some good household catfish baits? im going tomorrow and i ushally use chicken lives but i dont have any. what are some

what are some good household catfish baits? im going tomorrow and i ushally use chicken lives but i dont have any. what are some others that i can find just in my house?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Bows
    by PigHunter
    I hear ya! I finally got around to adjusting the new sight on my 90's vintage PSE. It's been restrung too. I've used a crossbow for the last 7 seasons...
    Today, 08:45 PM
  • Bows
    by Danbo
    Started practicing with my bow.
    The deer don't stand a chance 😎
    Today, 08:23 PM
  • Reply to Rip -rbg
    by Pmacc60
    The public can focus on two different things at once ! Again liberal nonsense , put it out there and we can see what the president is planning for the...
    Today, 08:43 PM
  • Rip -rbg
    by fitch270
    2020 adding to it's bag of tricks....
    09-18-2020, 09:26 PM
  • Debate #1
    by FirstBubba
    Debate #1 is supposedly a go.
    Not sure if Biden will get his "fact checker" or not. Probably not. If the fact checkers are honest, it...
    Today, 08:42 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X