Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just posted another pic of the bass I was wondering about. maybe this will help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just posted another pic of the bass I was wondering about. maybe this will help.

I just posted another pic of the bass I was wondering about. maybe this will help.

just click on my username.

Comment

Still around 3 pounds give or take. That is a very nice bass. It depends on where you fish, but north of the Mason/Dixon line you could fish for a lifetime for a four pounder so you should consider it a very nice catch.

In the deep south, where they eat and grow year round, they get real big (that one would fit crossways in their big old mouth) and a 12 pounder is not uncommon but they go much bigger.

Comment

Dakotaman, I live well north of the M-D Line and I catch 4 pounders and bigger every year. In a local tournament you need a couple 4's or better to even be in the money. I would put that bass at about 3 pounds too.

Comment

DMS, there are certainly 4 pounders in that cool country but I contend that you have to know what you are doing or fish a lot to see them. The bass get much bigger in Florida where they eat all year round.

Comment

I was going to say 4 pounds but that would be the upper end. Somewhere between 3 and 4 for sure.
            In MN a 4 pounder is a really nice bass, 5 pounder is a great bass, 6 pounder is a huge bass. State record is just over 8.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad