Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would I catch a peacock bass. Were are they mostly found and what lure should I use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would I catch a peacock bass. Were are they mostly found and what lure should I use?

How would I catch a peacock bass. Were are they mostly found and what lure should I use?

I think these are found only in South America, although I have heard they were introduced to Florida and Puerto Rico a few years ago. Good luck finding them.

Comment

Their native range is in South and Central America. As far as I know, the only place to fish for them in the U.S. is in the canals of South Florida. From what I’ve heard, they’ll hit a lot of the same lures you would use for Largemouth, especially noisy surface lures.

Comment

well darn... that idea just went out the window

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 16 Years
          by FirstBubba
          Ya know bhr!
          I think conservatives have figured out that "racist" and "sexist" are trigger words and liberals use them to shut...
          Today, 03:57 PM
        • 16 Years
          by jhjimbo
          So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
          Yesterday, 09:20 PM
        • Reply to 16 Years
          by FirstBubba
          "... I need a life? Just shooting geese and pheasants doesn't constitute a life? Oops, you forgot about big bucks every year, African animals, fly...
          Today, 03:40 PM
        • Reply to 16 Years
          by bowhunter75richard
          Up to November should be a very interesting time ! The D’s should have a easy time in that any criticism of Harris will result in racism/sexism charges...
          Today, 03:34 PM
        • Reply to Trump
          by Ontario Honker Hunter
          That QAnon crap is so far out there. Ridiculous. Unbelievable that so many Americans are buying into it. But hey, why should I be surprised. National...
          Today, 03:26 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X