Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so I caught a good size bass last year on a frog lure. I am not sure how much it weighed, so I could use some help guessing. you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so I caught a good size bass last year on a frog lure. I am not sure how much it weighed, so I could use some help guessing. you

so I caught a good size bass last year on a frog lure. I am not sure how much it weighed, so I could use some help guessing. you can see the pic if you click on my username.

it is the one titled " trophy bass"

Comment

That is a nice looking bass. Congratulations! It is a little difficult to tell weight in a picture but the bass has a thick tail and a large thick chest indicating maturity. I suspect that it is in the 3 pound range.

Comment

it looked closer to 4-5 to me

Comment

I would guess 2 to 2.1/2 Lb. nice eating size.

Comment

I would put it at 2 1/2.

Comment

I have caught bass that length but not so thick that weighed 3 pounds. I would guess 3 1/4 - 3 1/2 pounds.

Comment

I say around four pounds.

Use a live bull frog during the summer months and hook the frog under his skin. Use a boat and take him out to the middle of the lake. Put him down gently in the water and watch him swim. Get ready for the loud splash and have strong fishing line on. You will catch one bigger. Best of Luck!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Voter Fraud
                  by 99explorer
                  I am afraid Gen McInerney's legal opinion doesn't carry much weight against the words of the constitution, with emphasis on the word "only."...
                  Today, 03:39 PM
                • Voter Fraud
                  by bowhunter75richard
                  For those who claim voter fraud is not happening......Google The Heritage Foundation/election fraud cases ! All states are listed.......it just might...
                  11-06-2020, 08:01 PM
                • Reply to Voter Fraud
                  by crm3006
                  Well, if the slimy bandicoot won't recognize that I know treason when my nose is rubbed in it, maybe we should just get another opinion?
                  "This
                  Today, 03:10 PM
                • Reply to NitroStick ML
                  by PigHunter
                  Looks like a good site. I just joined as PHunter...
                  Today, 03:03 PM
                • NitroStick ML
                  by jhjimbo
                  What do you think of the NitroStick by Federal to be used with the TC NitroFire ? The Powder and primer are in a plastic tube that is inserted in a ML...
                  Yesterday, 04:41 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X