Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What fish do you routinely catch in your area for the dinner table? What is your location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chewylouie
    replied
    Normally I catch bass, or bream, sometimes catfish. I am from south mississippi.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew Sandstrom
    replied
    southeastern Minnesota - walleyes,pikes, muskies,crappies, occasional bass

Leave a comment:

• Pmacc60
    replied
    Striped bass,called rockfish by the locals,walleye and bass largemouth and smallmouth Northeatern Maryland

Leave a comment:

• ALJoe
    replied
    Catfish for me. I make a couple trips to LA each year so I can put a few speckled trout fillets in the freezer.

Leave a comment:

• buckeye
    replied
    Lake erie walleye and yellow perch. It doesn't get much better than yellow perch.

Leave a comment:

• GERG
    replied
    My heart is with Santa and Country road. I live in AR now so its Catfish,bream, and crappie. I try to make at least one trip a year to the AL gulf coast to stock up on some salt water gems.

Leave a comment:

• chuckles
    replied
    Northern pike, walleye, bluegills are the most frequent attendees at dinner up here in MN.

Leave a comment:

• DSMbirddog
    replied
    Bluegills and crappie mostly.

Leave a comment:

• Boiler02
    replied
    I'm in Indiana, I usually get bluegills and crappie for the table while I'm here. I go to Ontario each summer and stock up on Walleye, Pike, and Brook Trout.

Leave a comment:

• santa
    replied
    Like Country, I also live in LA (lower Alabama). Out of the species which I harvest for meat, the fish which most often is the quest of honor at my table is the silver sea trout (white trout). Second is the spotted sea trout (speckled trout). Third on the list is the flounder. Fourth is the common blue crab. Fifth is silver mullet. Catch and release cuts down greatly on the amount of meat used from other species.

Leave a comment:

• DakotaMan
    replied
    In Atlanta we have striped bass, largemouth and smallmouth bass, crappies, bluegills and trout.

Leave a comment:

• Sourdough Dave
    replied
    Right now it is ice hole pot luck. In summer either the wife or I will ask the other if they took anything out of the freezer, and if the answer is no I'll go up the canyon and catch a few trout for dinner.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Phipps
    replied
    Pike,walleye,and lake trout... Northern Saskatchewan

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Ohio is Lake Erie for walleye and perch. There are a lot of other species in the lake but those are the ones i like for the table.

Leave a comment:

• country road
    replied
    Oops, the location is the Alabama Gulf Coast.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad