Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When do you guys prefer a non rattling squarebill crankbait over a rattling square bill? The reason I'm asking is because I've h

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do you guys prefer a non rattling squarebill crankbait over a rattling square bill? The reason I'm asking is because I've h

When do you guys prefer a non rattling squarebill crankbait over a rattling square bill? The reason I'm asking is because I've heard really good things about the Rick Clunn squarebills by luck-e-strike. Was gonna pick up a few up when I noticed none of them rattle. There is no doubt that it's a good bait but in what situation would a non rattling crankbait provide an advantage over a rattling one?

I use them in clear water where sound is less of an issue. I like my non-rattling baits to be pretty realistic looking because I use them in the clear water. Sometimes fish just want something different. The Rapala DT series doesn't have rattles and they have caught a lot of fish for me in different conditions.
    I had great luck last year with Mann's TC3 squarebilled baits. Produced the biggest fish of the year for me, bass pushing 6lbs which is a big one for MN. I cannot remember if they have rattles off the top of my head.

Comment

I use them when fish are skittish.

Comment

Ncarl- Offtopic but have you seen the post I put on your question about cheap polarized sunglasses? Did you check the Sunclouds out?

Comment

Matt, ya but I'm not looking to buy till later in the spring. if I do buy anything that is. Lately a few new baitcasters have caught my eye so I need to hold off blowing anymore money on fishing gear. Haha, it's like an addiction.

Comment

I know exactly what you mean ha!

Comment

I use crankbaits that rattle in murky water or when the fish are very aggressive. If the water is clear or the fish are finiky I go with the nonrattling ones.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to How much is too much?
                by DakotaMan
                WOW! Do you mind if I frame that for my shop Red? That is the absolutely best answer I've ever heard on this mystery question. You've got to get the bullet...
                Today, 01:23 PM
              • How much is too much?
                by FirstBubba
                There is no doubt that a .30-06 Spgfld is more than adequate to actually slay a whitetail.

A lot of newbies come here and ask, "What...
                Yesterday, 09:40 AM
              • Reply to 30 06 bullets
                by Pmacc60
                Great and most important point made here CRM3006!. My rifle loved the 165 gr Nos partitions . It wouldn’t shoot 150’s at all so that’s what I use....
                Today, 01:17 PM
              • 30 06 bullets
                by Cobey alvarez
                What 30-06 bullet is better for deer rem core lokt or Hornady American whitetail...
                07-07-2020, 11:41 PM
              • Reply to Handgun Laser Sights
                by DakotaMan
                Interesting and it seems like a pretty good idea. Is there any risk of hitting the trigger while feeling for the switch when you are in a panic? That...
                Today, 01:05 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X