Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i need some advice on spear/bow fishing. me and my friends always canoe down a river near us, its pretty remote in some places w

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need some advice on spear/bow fishing. me and my friends always canoe down a river near us, its pretty remote in some places w

i need some advice on spear/bow fishing. me and my friends always canoe down a river near us, its pretty remote in some places with some deep pools, some shallow stuff, and some dropoffs. we always see huge gar and other huge fish and i have a bowfishing kit, andmy buddy has a spear gun. (i do have a license) what is the best way of doing this? any kind of tips will be helpful.

Experience says to find the fish and stand still, letting the fish come to you. Both carp and gar will naturally keep moving.

Comment

you can get stabilizers for bows that have a place that you can put a reel. then you need to get some bowfishing arrows that have a place 2 hook them to the line.

Comment

If you can buy or make outriggers you can stand and shoot the fish from the canoe. also if you friend can get into the water his spear will work great but i would not want to be in the water with a huge injured gar.

Comment

grab a ladder and set it up in the river so you can be above the water and see the fish better. better shooting angle to.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad