Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i noticed alot of people have been falling threw the ice while ice fishing this year. i live on the Mississippi so if you fall t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i noticed alot of people have been falling threw the ice while ice fishing this year. i live on the Mississippi so if you fall t

i noticed alot of people have been falling threw the ice while ice fishing this year. i live on the Mississippi so if you fall threw there your in big trouble and on rush lake someone went threw in front of are cabin do you know anyone that has fallen in?

Everybody I know that ice fishes has fallen in. We are always trying a new spot or trying to get closer to that honey hole in spite of thin ice. We just never fish alone, wear life jackets and a tether to buddies and keep spikes around our neck for a quick exit from the water. We also bring spare dry clothing so we can get out of the wet duds quickly to avoid hypothermia. It really isn't that bad if you are prepared and you don't panick. Still quite cold though and you need to hurry to get into warm clothes again. Its not for everybody but if you are pushing the envelope, you occassionally get wet. Now if you just wander out over thin ice without thinking, that is scary dumb.

Comment

Hi...

I think Dakota Man answered that question quite well.

I know what he means by "keep spikes around our neck", but some others may not know what that means.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad