Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey, im looking for some advice on fishing. I live in New Jersey and love to hunt and fish, especially at one location, Round Va

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, im looking for some advice on fishing. I live in New Jersey and love to hunt and fish, especially at one location, Round Va

Hey, im looking for some advice on fishing. I live in New Jersey and love to hunt and fish, especially at one location, Round Valley Reservoir. Lately, we've been fishing off the docks with shiners and crayfish. Ive been nailing the smallies one after another and the occasional largemouth. The average fish is about 10-12 inches, but there are 2 or 3 easy 10 pounders than sit right under the dock in about 6-10 feet of water. These fish are incredibly smart and have outwitted me so far. I have tried shiners, crayfish, worms, all plastics, topwater frogs, and many lures...do u have any idea what i can use? I have gotten him to tap on one crayfish but not enough to set the hook. Another thing is they do not come to the surface, so it must not float. Thanks again for any ideas

That's tough,Im sure the waters frigid. Where Im from we only have largemouth so... Im guessing your vertical fishing since your on a dock so that realy limits the artifical baits you can use. In cold water I usually recoment a jerkbait but you wont be able to fish that verically. id wait till the water warms up and try to get a reaction strike.

Comment

drop a live bluefill/minnow down with a cut fin and a hook through the back or guts under a bobber.

Comment

Ncarl, yes thats the problem their right underneath the dock which llimits me....but ill try.

Comment

357 ill try that too and approximetly how big of a bluegill

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad