Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello jig fisherman. When fishing for bass with a jig, besides matching the color of crawdads in the water, what else do you do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello jig fisherman. When fishing for bass with a jig, besides matching the color of crawdads in the water, what else do you do

Hello jig fisherman. When fishing for bass with a jig, besides matching the color of crawdads in the water, what else do you do to improve your odds on catching bass? I use everything but jigs when bass fishing and I want to change that this year and hit it hard with jigs, just never really fished them and don't want to waste the little bit of time I get on the water.

When i use jigs, I add a small tube as a skirt over the hook and then bury a weedless stinger in the rubber skirt.

Comment

I use bass jigs with blue and black skirts and and add a blue trailer to it about 75% of the time. For some reason I have limited success with colors mimicking a crawdad.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad