Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bass Pro Shops is having a sale... Should I get 50,65,or 80 pound test line for a bait caster? I may get... two which two should

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bass Pro Shops is having a sale... Should I get 50,65,or 80 pound test line for a bait caster? I may get... two which two should

Bass Pro Shops is having a sale... Should I get 50,65,or 80 pound test line for a bait caster? I may get... two which two should I get?

What the heck are you fishing for, boat anchors? That seems kinda heavyweight for anything I'm accustomed to catching.

Comment

I would get 50 and 80.

Comment

Get one that is at least equivalent to 12 lb mono-17lb mono. Bait casters function better with line that is a bit bigger in diameter. Less backlash and wind knots. You would probably be ok with 50 or 65

Comment

65and 80, Im assuming if you are putting that kind of line onto a reel it is probably braid and usually people dont put that kind of braid on a baitcaster unless they are uing an alabama rig, which is the only bait on the market that really justifies this sort of line.

Comment

They may also have some Penn International 80's on sale too that could warrent that kind of line. You'll need either bench or hand crimpers to attach your lure though.

Comment

warrant... i know, if im going to be a smart*** i might as well spell it right

Comment

???? I hope your not planning on bass fishing with that stuff. could you be talking about braided line? just go with 14-17 pound mono like stated above. I have 10 on one of my rods but thats because I use it specifically for Jerkbait fishing.

Comment

If it is a good sale get one of each.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad