Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the most part, i have used mono all my life. I do a lot of finese fishing and florcarbon is supose to be more sensitive. Whe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the most part, i have used mono all my life. I do a lot of finese fishing and florcarbon is supose to be more sensitive. Whe

For the most part, i have used mono all my life. I do a lot of finese fishing and florcarbon is supose to be more sensitive. When i tryed it, i had big problems, the line had so much memory it tryed to go through guides in loops and when i opened the bail the line sprung off before i could cast. . I was using vicous 12# on my spinning reel. Was my problem the brand or the poundage, or is that just how floro is.

In my experience that is how fluorocarbon line is. I have found that using a braided line, swivel and a fluorocarbon leader 3-10 feet long helps.

Comment

I had that problem at first with with fluorocarbon line. I use 8lb P-Line Fluoroclear. Just took a few casts and the memory seemed to disappear. I've also learned when storing reels, keep the drag at a bare minimum and it will also reduce memory if you do not do that already.

Comment

Flouro can be difficult to use on a spinning reel because of memory unless you use smaller test like 4 or 6. For using larger test flouro and mono i spool my reel up with 20 lb test braid and join my 6 ft flouro or mono leader with an albright knot. The advantage of that is you get the sensitivity of the braid without risk of line memory or twist, you can have any lb test leader you want, and your leaders can be interchangeable in minutes without having to completely respool your reel.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad