Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does everyone think of Pennsylvania's trout waters, and how do they compare to other state trout waters you have fished?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does everyone think of Pennsylvania's trout waters, and how do they compare to other state trout waters you have fished?

What does everyone think of Pennsylvania's trout waters, and how do they compare to other state trout waters you have fished?

There are many beautiful trout streams in PA ruined by mining and pollution. I don't see this improving with all the fracking and whatnot.

Comment

PA has the best stocking program in the Midwest. Lots of fish and lots of access and a reasonable price for license.

Comment

PA has a lot of good stocked streams and lakes. There's decent trout fishing within 10 miles of any PA resident.. It also has some world class trout steams like sections of Penns and Spring Creeks and the Allegheny River that are no harvest and delayed harvest. These are the places to go for huge brown trout.

There are also hundreds of miles of wild trout streams if you want to research these.

Steve182 is right, between mining, fracking, and global warming, there may not be much left for our children. Some of what could be the best trout water in the world was ruined by mining 150 years ago and still hasn't begun to recover. (Thought for the future).

Comment

I have never fished there but I do know that there were a tremendous amount of Pa. trout fishermen that came south to WV to trout fish. When I checked them I questioned them why not trout fish in Pa. They told me that WV stocked more fish, bigger fish and there was way more stream access. I was surprised at their answers. I do know that during the spring for every 10 trout fishermen that I checked on a weekend 4 or 5 of them would be from Pa. On a side note they were some of the best trout fishermen that I checked.

Comment

I live in PA and have traveled all over the country. I think its great for stocked trout but also very crowded. It in no way compares to Western States for year round trout fishing and access. Maybe in the Lake Erie region which I have not fished. WV has had bigger fish in my experience. If size matters its harder to find lunkers and my best trout in a lifetime of fishing is 18". I move to Bass by June because the streams get "fished out." The are always some to catch if you look in the right places though.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad