Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the best lures to use when fishing a small golf course pond stocked with largemouth bass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the best lures to use when fishing a small golf course pond stocked with largemouth bass?

What are the best lures to use when fishing a small golf course pond stocked with largemouth bass?

one of those frogs or the red eye shad. some plastics may not be bad either.

Comment

Wacky worms.

Comment

i assume you trust the people golfing..i'm sure a couple golf balls hit into the pond would result in a bad day of fishing lol..

Comment

i assume you trust the people golfing..i'm sure a couple golf balls hit into the pond would result in a bad day of fishing lol..

Comment

or a golfball to your head. that would be ugly

Comment

Remember, a belly full of golf balls doesn't count towards the fishes weight. haha
              I imagine those bass will hit on the same bait as any. They might be easy pickins.

Comment

Being trapped in their pond, they have a tendency to hit anything that moves. Carolina rig rubber worms are hard to beat unless you have gators on the pond too. Little gators like to hit the worms and can be a nuisance. I got the biggest bass I ever pulled out of a golf course pond (around 13 or 14 pounds though I never weighed it... just threw it back) with a yellow and green 3/8 oz reflex spinner. Most have come on worms though. Let 'em drop 'til the waves dissapear and then slow retrieve. Cross their eyes with a jerk when they pull on the line. If that fails, a shadrap will get them.

Comment

I agree with dakota man, although i normally start out with a crankbait because you can cover the pond a lot quicker and if they wont hit on a crank you can toss a plastic worm, i normally texas rig them.

Comment

I find, that, since most golf course fishing takes places at night, I six to ten inch black power worm rigged texas style and pulled slowly across the bottom, or retrieved steadily through the middle of the water collumn works better than anything else

Comment

Small zoom fluke in baby bass or arkansas shiner.

Comment

Definitely go at night since these ponds usually have little cover for the fish(or to cover your escape). Though I haven't fished a golf course since high school and that was on questionable legality so I only fished them at night. 10 or 12 inch power worms and scum frogs worked well, just go big because hogs live on golf courses. If the course is not that old use smaller baits.

Comment

Agreed with DakotaMan and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

i have really good luck with rebel pop r. youtube.com\rhodesfishing. all golf courses

Comment

I used ugly otters with a football head jig those work amazing. Also bass jigs. Go early morning or around sunset.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad