Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help. I have gone recently fishing for bass and being as Wisconsin is the weather is unpredictable so what's your go to bait for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help. I have gone recently fishing for bass and being as Wisconsin is the weather is unpredictable so what's your go to bait for

Help. I have gone recently fishing for bass and being as Wisconsin is the weather is unpredictable so what's your go to bait for cold spring largemouths. (need help as soon as possible.)

In the last three weeks I have caught them on a small (1/16 oz.)white and red spinnerbait, a shallow running crankbait (Bomber A & Storm Wigglewart) and a #14 Husky Jerk. Anything that runs around 2-4 feet deep and can be fished in the shallows will work. We caught a bunch on a white buzzbait yesterday in about 2 feet of water. Good luck!
    We were fishing for crappie and northern but the bass were biting them too.

Comment

I have had success in that part of the country with chub colored and shad colored Shadraps or regular #7 Rapalas run shallow parallel to the bank and around structure.I pull them pretty fast but vary the speed as indicated by success.

Comment

Im a long way from Wisconsin but here in TN when the water was cold in early spring i used a Rapala shad, i think its a #5 which dives 5-10 ft. and was catching about 20-25 fish a day. When i was throwing around cover i would jerk it a few times and let it sit suspended and normally the fight was on after that. If all else fails go to your plastics and jig them, ive never had a bad day jigging a worm.

Comment

As you probably figure it by now, I hunt and fish in northern WI where I'm originaly from,(but I live in SE MN, yep I'm a person that the cheeseheads call MN people LOL) Anyways I always have great luck with the tiger stripe floating Rapalas. I cast it out by sticks, stumps, logs, docks and floating bogs when the bait hits the water quickly real the slack up, stop for a sec, then I give a couple quick jerks (mimics a wounded minnow)then reel the slack, stop then start reeling it up. More times than often the bass hit it just after a gave it a few jerks. Hope this works as good for you as it has for me. GOOD LUCK!

Comment

Here you go!
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-M1FW2yNCA

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 16 Years
              by 99explorer
              I love it when I have these guys on the ropes, with each one hoping the other will bail them out.
              Hey CRM, have you heard any good conspiracy theories
              Today, 10:19 PM
            • 16 Years
              by jhjimbo
              So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
              08-12-2020, 09:20 PM
            • Reply to Need advice on choice of 20 gauge semi auto
              by FirstBubba
              "... I should have been in Africa yesterday. Damned coronavirus! ..."
              Last edited by Ontario Honker Hunter; Today, 06:25 PM.
              Today, 10:15 PM
            • Need advice on choice of 20 gauge semi auto
              by derek7
              Hi everyone,

I have one question regarding how to choose the right shotgun for myself. I want a 20 gauge semi auto with interchangeable barrel...
              08-11-2020, 09:03 AM
            • Reply to 16 Years
              by 99explorer
              Keep it up.
              We are still waiting for an answer to my question in comment #56.
              Today, 10:15 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X