Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you get those 2 pound Brim off of the bed in the middle of summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Del got it right!

Leave a comment:

• hog hunter
    replied
    A 2LB bream will require heavy tackle and a stout hook, at that weight he will probably eat what get close.

Leave a comment:

• muskiemaster
    replied
    make them get aggressive like pitching a tube jig with a bobber behind them then pulling it in, in front of them.

Leave a comment:

• Jim in Mo
    replied
    Show me a 2lb brim and I'll get it off the bed.

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    #12 white popper worked the other day but my gills sure aren't close to 2 pounds.

Leave a comment:

• vtbluegrass
    replied
    I use popping bugs, woolly buggers, etc most of the time. These will catch all sizes so accurate delicate casting is helpful to put it on biggest fishes' bed. But my biggest brim though have come from a little deeper water on crickets and red worms hooked on a tiny jighead just big enough to sink a cricket. These were females that had not moved up to spawn yet.

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    replied
    I agree gentlemen!

Leave a comment:

• 2Poppa
    replied
    I have used a small black artificial ant and tossed it in the bed. As it fell,the race was on to see who could get it first ...

Del's suggestion is right on,although if the beds are near deeper water,I sometimes use a bobber.

Leave a comment:

• jfose140
    replied
    Del has the ticket, if the fish can't see you and a worm is in their bed, they will pick it up.

Leave a comment:

• Del in KS
    replied
    Big wadd of red worms on a small gold wire brim hook. If the bed is in very shallow water drop them in the bed and back off so the fish can't see you and sit very still.

Leave a comment:

• Big O
    replied
    I use crickets and night crawlers.
    Good luck and Good fishing !

Leave a comment:

• How do you get those 2 pound Brim off of the bed in the middle of summer?

How do you get those 2 pound Brim off of the bed in the middle of summer?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad