Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite lure for spawning small mouth bass on there beds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite lure for spawning small mouth bass on there beds?

What's your favorite lure for spawning small mouth bass on there beds?

I like to drop a small rubber worm atatched to a spinner in their beds, they seem to be irritated by it enough to come and pick it up.

Comment

my favorite lure is actually a popper or a jig with a black worm on it

Comment

I like to use a spring lizard with a number 5 EWG hook. Before I imbed the end of the hook into the lizard, I take an Alka Seltzer and drill a small hole into it.

A hole big enough, so the hook goes through it without breaking the tablet.Place the tablet on the hook,then imbed the end of the hook into the lizard.

The bubbling action will inherently irrate the largemouth to strike out of anger.
        Be ready to set the hook ...

Comment

Crank bait with a longer pause then usual where to them it will seem like a intruder and a smaller bait fish. They will likely kill them right away.

Comment

I've heard on a calm day you can wacky rig a worm with no weight on it and it works really well, especially if your spot fishing. You have to jig it pretty slow.

Comment

a yelllow riverside jig

Comment

Use plastic worms and lizards right through the middle of these weeds, because unlike largemouth, which usually prefer the edges of weeds, smallies are found right in the heart of the cover. Crankbaits, retrieved at a fairly slow pace, can be very good during the initial postspawn period.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad