Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some of your favorite fishing memories? Mine start when i was a little kid and my dad and i would just sit on a shore a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are some of your favorite fishing memories? Mine start when i was a little kid and my dad and i would just sit on a shore a

What are some of your favorite fishing memories? Mine start when i was a little kid and my dad and i would just sit on a shore all day watching a bobber dip for bluegill. Now my brothers and dad and i all fish lake michigan together for coho and have a great time.

Yeah, steelhead fishing with my dad is a great memory, but so is taking my sons fishing and seeing them catch their first fish.

Comment

Catching perch for breakfast as a kid on a lake in New Hampshire. We had no rods, just string and a hook with nightcrawlers for bait, and we placed our catch in a water bucket to keep them alive till we got back.

Comment

My favorite fishing memory was fishing with my two younger Brothers at Blairstown Lake in Warren County, New Jersey. I was seventeen, brother Dave was thirteen and brother Joe was eleven. We fished that lake all morning and caught nothing. Dave caught a huge bullfrog near the shoreline and pull the hook under the frog's skin and throw it out in the lake. It was noon time and the sun was beaming hot.
        Joe and I were on the other side of the small lake laughing and joking at Dave, for being stupid. We told him the frog is to big and he will eat the bass. We tease him for another fives minutes and then you heard a loud spash in the middle of the lake. Dave started to yell he said had one. Dave ran away from the lake with his fishing line still in his hands. His 20 pound test line held up and the bass slid up, twenty feet pass the lake's edge when Dave stopped running. It was a huge 8 pound largemouth bass. That was 41 years ago and I will never forget it.

Comment

When my family bought our place at Reindeer Lake, then getting to learn all the bays, reefs and fishing spots.

Comment

Gotta admit, you got a chuckle out of me, Gary. It reminds me of a time I was with my girlfriend Amanda and her 8 yr old nephew Jadden at their local lake. We had decided to make Jadden a cane pole with a stick and a line and hook we had found on the shore. The stick was practically a log, almost bigger than his arm in diameter. It was only a matter of time, though, before he pulled his first largemouth out of the water, just grinning ear to ear. Amanda and I were astounded but I am sure we had a young fisherman hooked.

Comment

My earliest memories of fishing were with my dad and my uncle fishing for salmon and steelhead on Lake Michigan. I was a bout 4-5. My cousin, who's 2 years older, and I, used to constantly fight about who got to drive the boat while trolling. I usually won haha.

Comment

I could pick any of hundreds of memories from the too-little time I got to fish with my dad. But I soon hope to be making some new ones with the little fellow sitting in my lap. I hope someday he'll look back and think about the time he got to spend with me the way I look back on the time I got to spend with my dad.

Comment

Just a quick look at my profile avatar should answer your question. That was not my first catch by any means, but is the first than was memorable enough to sill stick out in my mind.

Comment

sorry, first *that* was memorable

Comment

Ice-Fishing for gills and Northern Pike. Hot Chocolate folled with a camp fire and hot dogs on the shore. Then we would roast apples and potatoes in the coals for dessert. Oh yeah, the fishing was fun too.

Comment

I've done a lot of great fishing but my fondest memory is my first big fish. When I was about 5, I was fishing a creek near my grandparent's house and caught a 4 pound carp. I was shocked at how hard it pulled and how long it took to actually land it. I thought my heart was going to explode with excitement. I ran about a mile across the country side with that thing to show it to my grandparents... what a trip!

Comment

When I was a kid, I spent a lot of summers at my parents cabin on a northeast Wisconsin lake. Fished, mostly by myself, out of a small boat with a 9.9 Chrysler motor. I caught a lot of panfish, northern and bass out of that boat. I spent a lot of time fishing in unproductive water back then but also learned a lot about catching fish too. Great memories.

Comment

Spending the spring catching crappies and largemouths in Southern Indiana with my grandpa, then heading to Canada in the summer with him to catch pike, walley, and muskie. 30 years old and a smile on my face ear to ear everytime I think of those days.

Comment

I recall with great pleasure flyfishing with yellow streamers and catching bass in my own stocked farm pond.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad