Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it a good idea to use bluegill as a fish activity indicator for bass? A storm front was coming in yesterday and so I thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it a good idea to use bluegill as a fish activity indicator for bass? A storm front was coming in yesterday and so I thought

Is it a good idea to use bluegill as a fish activity indicator for bass? A storm front was coming in yesterday and so I thought it would be a great time to hit the fishing hole. The bluegill were very active and aggressive but i couldnt get the bass to bite anything. I had one big bass nip at a frog bait but then it took off. I was throwing poppers, frogs, spoons, and props and still couldnt get anything. Maybe my presentation is off?

Usually during barometric change ther is a very small window of opportunity.About 30 minutes (ave) anytime of day works but dusk and dawn are better for the larger predator fish like bass.

Comment

Slow down and go to a black worm Texas rigged.

Comment

I think slowing down may have been my best bet. I was getting some reaction strikes when i sped up and jerked the bait but maybe i kept speeding up when i should have slowed it down and finessed a little more. Thanks guys.

Comment

Good advice about but remember bass are usually finicky to begin with.

Comment

Or maybe try a crankbait that looks like a bluegill.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad