Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was out this morning in the boat looking for smallmouth. I did OK. But drifting through a patch of grass I could see down in t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was out this morning in the boat looking for smallmouth. I did OK. But drifting through a patch of grass I could see down in t

Was out this morning in the boat looking for smallmouth. I did OK. But drifting through a patch of grass I could see down in the crystal clear water a LOT OF FORAGE fish in the 1 to 2 inch range. Bait fish mean hungry medium size fish and medium fish mean food for the guys I am after. I tried to fish that stuff with weedless lures, but still not the action I am looking for. Does anyone know where I can get a weedless treble or double hook? Is there such a thing?

I have used a lot of weedless Eagle Claw treble hooks. They sorta work but the point of the hook which ends up pointing down, still seems to pick up a lot of grass for me. A double hook where just two points can always point up work better. Double hooks can be also bought weedless and put on just about any lure that has treble hooks and seem to work just as good.

Comment

Thanks Santa. Now that I know what to look for there isn’t anything you can get on embay. :-)

Comment

I fish a lot of heavy cover and find a soft bait hooked weedless works well.

Comment

I like to use a soft plastic hooked texas style, also I like to use frogs! Good luck next time!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad