Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My biggest Large Mouth is 9 pounds, How big is your biggest? How did you catch it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My biggest Large Mouth is 9 pounds, How big is your biggest? How did you catch it?

My biggest Large Mouth is 9 pounds, How big is your biggest? How did you catch it?

Only 6lbs but how I caught it was unusual. Was fishing a small farm pond catching a lot of 6" bass and the bigger one blew up on one. I mean blew up like a bomb. I thought it was an allgator.

Comment

I did very little bass fishing but my biggest bass was 4 1/2 pounds.

Comment

Probably about 4 pounds, but I didn't get to weight or measure it. I caught it early one evening on a small farm pond. I caught a small bass on my first cast, and while reeling it in, the larger bass hit on the smaller one. I released it as quickly as I could to let it grow a bit more.

Comment

Around 6 pounds. Caught it on that famous "one more cast." It hit the X-Rap I was working literally at my feet. I was getting ready to lift the bait out of the water. It almost took the rod out of my hand. Unreal, it was.

Comment

It is not the size that is important, just the pure satisfaction of the catch. I have not even weighed some of the lunkers I have caught, but I know that there have been plenty over ten pounds. During one year, I helped a co-worker, Shag Shahid, to catch more than sixty female bass that were well over ten pounds from Owl creek in Florida. We caught them and moved three or four at a time alive in a large tank with a dewar of liquid oxygen bubbling in the water to ponds in Alabama for breeding purposes. The pond by the office window of Lew Childre, our boss, had over thirty bass that were well over ten pounds which Shag and I caught and put there for show. Today almost forty years latter, I am just as happy to catch a 3/4 pound bass as to catch a lunker. But all the lunkers that I caught back then were on soft plastic worms rigged Texas style.

Comment

Im with ya Santa its the circumstances. My favorite bass was a spotted bass my son caught on a reel we are both familiar with. He rigged the worm tied the knot, did everthing himself. Oh the bass probably weighed 3.5lbs. My favorite trophy Bass.

Comment

Somewhere in the 12-14 lb range. I never weighed it so I could release it quickly before it was hurt. I was grilling hamburgers in my back yard and grabbed a light action rod to try a few casts while the burgers were cooking. It had a 1/4 oz Rooster Tail on it so I was trying for some blue gills that were feeding behind my house. He really surprised me; it looked like someone opened a toilet bowl beneath my little lure... mucho fun.

Comment

Mine was about 4 lbs. and I caught it with a wacky rigged green senko worm on a microlight spin setup. It was a great fight :-)

Comment

Mine was nine pounds, two ounces, caught on a Dalton Special in a farm pond at midday on a nasty February day. Really surprised me.

Comment

Santa thats spoken like a guy who hasn't caught a big fish. 12.5 for me on a texas rigged powerbait worm.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad