Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

would you go fishing with your girlfriend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would you go fishing with your girlfriend?

would you go fishing with your girlfriend?

depends on the girl, if she wants to fish, or she already does theres no issue go for it. however, there are many females who would break up with you after dragging them through a mosquito infested swamp heading to your favorite fishing hole...tread lightly my friend LOL!!

Comment

Yes, if she had a nice boat but my wife might object.

Comment

There is a lesson in this story so pay close attention. My father was one of the best speckle trout fishermen in this area. He was considered to be number one or at least in the top three by almost everyone. Several years after I was married, my father decided to take my wife speck fishing for her first time because as he said "I had no patience with her". I was working for a tackle company (Lew Childre and Sons) and had been trying to teach my wife to cast my baitcast reels with no luck. So with an impeeding fishing trip facing her, I bought her a $2.00 Zebco 202 reel and put it on an expensive Lew's Speed Stick rod. The next day my father took my wife fishing and beginners luck kicked in and she beat him fishing that day. She caught over a hundred speckle trout while my father caught around ninety. He never took her or any other female fishing again for the rest of his life. Over the many years that I have been married, my wife never lets me forget that she was the best fisherperson in the family including my father. This was based on just that one trip even though I was making our living bass fishing and designing tackle.

Comment

Took my wife fishing all the time before we got married.

Comment

Nah!
            There would be a constant nag, nag, nag because the girlfriend would be sitting in the wife's seat!

Comment

I love to take her fishing. If she would just take the fish off the hook. Also clean them to my satisfaction! Just kidding. We enjoy the time together.

Comment

My wife would go on mountain hikes with me looking for black bear and deer.
                She also had no problem swimming in dark ceder water lakes, fishing, going camping and enjoying a campfire at night.
                It is amazing how most women love the outdoors, while your both single but once they got married they turned back, into "City Girls". My wife and my five brothers wives all did the same thing.
                Hey Bassinbick, take her fishing and enjoy it while your single because chances are that once your married, the great outdoors party, will be over.

Comment

Many women profess to enjoy the outdoor sports just to have the benefit of male companionship, and once married, as Gary noted, they revert to their old preferences.

Comment

I think that any man worth his salt ought to his wife or girlfriend fishing, and hunting for that matter. If you want them to understand why you love the outdoors, you have to get them out there and show them. It may not always make them want to go as much as you, but it may make them more understanding. Its surely worked with my wife.

Comment

The questions is not will I take my wife fishing, the question is am I allowed to go with HER. I love fresh water. Her and her girl friends do the expensive deep blue water ocean. You know, trolling for tuna, marlin and swordfish. And I am not allowed along.

Comment

My girlfriend grew up fishing and loves it. She's often times bugging me to go fishing!

Comment

Heck no, my wife might find out.

Comment

depends on the girl. there are girls i'd dated that i would have never dreamed of takeing fishing. others if the opportunity were there i wouldnt have hesitated. my wife enjoys fishing, that being said i've never went fishing with her. see she prefers fishing via boat... and I do all my fishing from the shore... (no boat..) if she ever asked to go along I wouldnt hesitate to take her same with hunting (though she's expressed her complete lack of desire to partake in that)

Comment

My "girlfriend" is my wife of 39 years and I still love fishing with her.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad