Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i saw a nice fishing pole at gander moutian that was a 7ft pole and was a baitcaster reel. the pole didnt say if it was a fast a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i saw a nice fishing pole at gander moutian that was a 7ft pole and was a baitcaster reel. the pole didnt say if it was a fast a

i saw a nice fishing pole at gander moutian that was a 7ft pole and was a baitcaster reel. the pole didnt say if it was a fast action it just said medium, heavy next to action. idk what that means but is that a good pole for bass, catfish, pike, bluegill, and trout?

A med heavy should work fine for every thing but the bluegill. The med heavy is the stiffnes of the rod and should give you plenty of back bone for hard fighting fish, I would go with a 6 1/2 foot med or ultra light for the bluegill and trout.

Comment

i forgot to include that i have another pole for bluegill and trout so you can disregard that. i was just planning on using this pole for big fish.

Comment

haven't necesarilly heard of a medium action baitcaster used for bluegill or trout, I'd use a spinning or spincast for one of these but all the rest should work fine.

Comment

In general you can catch anything with anything but having a good rod to match your fishing will increase your success.

A fast action rod is a stiffer rod than a medium action rod. Fast action means the rod will bend at or near the tip when a medium action rod bends near the middle of the rod. A slow action rod bends near the handle.

If your cranking bass out of wood you may want a fast action rod with heavy line to horse the fish. If your fishing light line and need to protect it from breaking a slower rod will be more forgiving.

Comment

Way too stiff for the bluegill and trout...

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad