Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you prefer a soft plastic lure or a spinner/crank bait?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you prefer a soft plastic lure or a spinner/crank bait?

Do you prefer a soft plastic lure or a spinner/crank bait?

If they're hitting them, I prefer a top water. If not, then soft plastic. Also a big fan of jigs.

Comment

I use a steady three lure tactic before experimenting with other lures, I start the morning off with a couple different color heddon spooks to see which they like, then I take a tan or chartruese double willow spinner bait with silver blades, then i switch to my different variaty of storm swimbaits. if none of thats working I go to crank baits and rapala's, or start texas rigging black with green tail rubber worms, and tubes of number of different colors

Comment

If I am doing serious bass fishing, I have six rods prerigged with different baits that I think will fit the days situation, based on temperature, time of day, cloud cover, water level, above dam, below dam, river, lake, tide stage/ moon phase, muddy/clear water, type of cover such as grass/stumps/bushes, etc. I will put the rods at my feet so that I can quick change and present several different lures to an area rapidly before I pass it. Thus I find what works best for each situation and individual fish. For a spinner bait, I have had the most overall success over the years with a Hildebrandt black and yellow skirt 3/8 oz. in line gold spinner Snagless Sally with an Uncle Josh pork frog trailer. All my real lunkers though, have been caught on a Texas rigged black worm while fishing at night. Every lure has its place and situation. Every one of them has worked well for someone or they could not have made their way onto the shelves at stores. Every body fishes them a little different and will get different results. I use ready roll and even make my own. But the bottom line is you have to use what will work for you best personally and you can only find that out by trial and error because that is what "TO FISH" is really all about.

Comment

I prefer spinner baits and crank baits but the fish dictate what I end up using. I will generally start the morning with spinner baits and a buzz bait. As the day goes on I generally slow down my presntation to worms, creatures, and that sort of thing. In the early spring a jig and plastic trailer is also included.

Comment

i use soft plastic worms...i have cought many on spinnerbaits though.depends on the situation.

Comment

I prefer to use a plastic worm, (Blue Grape) 7.5 Inches in the summer and in early evening a rattle trap 1/2 ounce or a top water plug.

Comment

I love to use Yamamoto flapin hogs, obviously a plastic, but i also use cranks, jigs, and frogs. Depends on the cover time of day and over all what they seem to prefer at that time.

Comment

I prefer a soft plastic worm rigged wacky style, but it depends on the time of year and time of day and weather. best of luck!

Comment

Texas or carolina rigged soft plastic worms or similar creatures, usually with a bullet weight and always with an eagle claw weedless hook.

Comment

I have six rods prerigged with different baits that I think will fit the days situation, based on temperature, time of day, cloud cover, water level, above dam, below dam, river, lake, tide stage/ moon phase, muddy/clear water, Speed Test
                      Last edited by EVAKATY75; 11-05-2020, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad