Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is best brand of plastic worm:yum,culprit,or zoom.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is best brand of plastic worm:yum,culprit,or zoom.

what is best brand of plastic worm:yum,culprit,or zoom.

For plastic worms I actually use two types primarily. Berkley's Powerbait Red shad power worms, and manns jelly worms. For salamanders I usually go with Zoom blue lizards. Different waters and fish all respond to different brands and color choices however. So there really is no "best" brand. The only thing to do is save up money and try them all.

Comment

I've never used the Gulp brand much but have had equally good luck with Culprit and Zoom.

Comment

I have found that Uncle Josh makes a natural pork rind worm that for me works as good or much better than plastisol worms. I have my own molds and have made my own soft plastic worms for many years, but now use the natural pork rind instead. The number worm I use is a 147 in black. I can reuse the same worm over and over. I just put it back into the jar after a fishing trip and it is ready to fish with again. To date, I have probably caught several hundred bass off just one pork rind worm. I Have lost a few in snags and hang ups but overall They have done well for me.

Comment

I personally prefer Zoom and Yum. Also use GYB stuff sometimes, but it's overpriced. Some of the Bass Pro versions of stuff are ok, too. Am yet to try the pork rind worms Santa is always bragging on simply because it slips my mind whenever I'm at the tackle shop. I'm curious to give them a shot, though.

Comment

I use Culprit. They work. June bug, red shad, and tequila sunrise always work for me if worms are the bait of choice .

Comment

Forgot, netbait is a more offbeat brand that makes some good stuff. Particularly shakey head worms and trailers.

Comment

dtbc333, I have found few creatures that do not like bacon or some form of pork, why even I like it myself. My doctor does not want me to have it so what he doesn't know will not hurt HIM. Pork rind lures work pretty darn good and were around long before soft plastics. I was just too stupid to try pork rind worms for a lot of years. I learned to worm fish with soft plastics, so that is what I used for years. I even remelted old damaged worms and recycled them. Now that I have found how good the pork rind worms work for me, I am hooked on them.

Comment

either yum or zoom

Comment

the only stuff I really have had a luck with is the Gary Yamamoto Senko worms. Works wonders for me.

Comment

LostLure...might want to give the Yum Dingers a shot. They're pretty much the same as a Senko, and a pack costs less plus has more of them in it.

Comment

I just may have to give them a try. I'm always open to try different lures.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad