Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the best tactics for fishing bass during the day? Will they normally be shallow in the morning and deep in the day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the best tactics for fishing bass during the day? Will they normally be shallow in the morning and deep in the day?

What are the best tactics for fishing bass during the day? Will they normally be shallow in the morning and deep in the day?

I find to fish deeper during the day, or along docks and fallen trees. In the shadow of the shoreline. Fish the ledges where it drops off really fast. It depends on the water temps on where they are sitting. If its over cast topwater plugs work great over weed beds in the shallows.

Comment

I would agree. Fish shallow early in the morning but as it heats up I believe bass tend to move deeper or under overhead cover.

Comment

I'm with these fellas. Go deep or go dark. Cooler water at warmer times of the day is a good choice.

Comment

Agreed, they are typically deep this time of year due to the warm weather.

Comment

A great place to start is learning about fishing the thermocline:

fishingreports.com/thermocline

Comment

i try to cast to the shadier side of the water if the sun is not overhead. I use a watermelon color senko worm and wacky rig it by wrapping a small rubber band around the worm and slipping the hook under. This way the fish wont damage the worm when it hits and the worm doesnt interfere with the hook too much. Then just sink the worm naturally and keep the slack out of your line so you can feel the take. If you hit the bottom try giving the worm a twitch or two before you reel it back in.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad