Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hi everyone...has anyone ever used bass or stripper as cut bait? if so does it work? I hear strippers will eat anything.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi everyone...has anyone ever used bass or stripper as cut bait? if so does it work? I hear strippers will eat anything.

hi everyone...has anyone ever used bass or stripper as cut bait? if so does it work? I hear strippers will eat anything.

Yea I hear that strippers are usually down for anything if the price is right... LOL

Comment

Striper are pretty voracious (though not as much as bluefish). They will eat anything they can get in their mouths. No reason why that wouldn't include cut striper. Never tried it myself, since I was always fishing for striper and don't see the point in slicing up one of my catch to get another one.

Comment

Dollar bills do seem to attract strippers better than any bait haha.

Comment

I would check the regs. In most places it is illegal to use gamefish for bait.
          Chopping up strippers is frowned upon too and may seriously impact your fishing time. You really have to watch your backcast on the yard.

Comment

Is that the voice of experience re: chumming with $1 bills? LOL

Comment

I'm with Chuckles. Cut bait is legal in Texas and PA, but only if you catch it. However, Why cut up a striper or bass to catch another one. Seems a little wasteful to me.

Comment

I just had a couple of them sit too long in the fridge and wasn't going to eat them, but didn't wan to waste them either. I will check the regs for central valley.
                thanks...and I won't misspell STRIPERS again...lol

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad