Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's super hot right now, what is the best time to fish for bass and what kind of lures should I tie on at the end of my line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's super hot right now, what is the best time to fish for bass and what kind of lures should I tie on at the end of my line?

It's super hot right now, what is the best time to fish for bass and what kind of lures should I tie on at the end of my line?

ive been catching some early in the morning in 10-12 feet of water schooling on minnows so ive caught them off of topwater and shallow diving crankbaits and later on in the day in 15-25 feet of water on carolina rigs and deep diving crankbaits in creek and main river channels or cool water discharge plants

Comment

When it's really hot evenings and mornings will be better(and generally they are anyways, but not always.) What to use I think varies from place to place. Most of the water I fish is pretty shallow even in the deepest parts, so I have still been getting some on topwaters. Have been catching a lot on jig/craw trailer, and stick worms like a senko or yum dinger.

Comment

Top water at night works well.

Comment

Spoons at dawn work best for me.

Comment

The old black worm texas rigged at night has been my go to for many years, but if I can find lily pads in the day time, I love a Snagless Sally with a pork frog trailer. Our local bass just seem to love the shade provided by the lily pads, so casting a Snagless Sally softly out onto a pad, then gently pulling it off in to the water works good for me also.

Comment

I think that the two best times to fish is as the sun comes up and right before it comes down. I work on the lake and talk to guides everyday and fish a lot my self and what I have gathered is that fish in Arkansas are deeper on points and brush piles close to the main channel 20 to 35 feet deep with chartreuse and blue crankbaits and jigging spoons. trolling is the easiest way to get your crankbaits down, if you dont like to troll you will need a think braided line on a good long rod. the thinner the line the deeper the bait will run.

Comment

Hairpin spinner baits, storm swim baits, frogs on lilly pads, and "walking the dog" with a plug in early morning

Comment

I do most of my bass fishing on a relatively small pond with a dock out in the middle. In the middle of the day I use a fake worm and throw it out under the dock. or near by it. I know it's not the most sophisticated set up but I hit them all day.

In the evening, I like to switch to either a small frog pattern or some other top water plug. I just cast that out and like Josh said, I "walk the dog" in and it seems to work pretty well.

If you really want to cheat, nothing beat a real worm in my opinion.

Comment

This time of year, my favorite tactic is wait 'til dusk in a boat and cast straight into catails pulling a buzz bait out to the deeper water fast. It seems they think it is a frog or panfish streaking for the deep water. I get lots of action for a couple of hours and they fly out of the water when they hit. If you don't mind sitting in 125 degree sunshine, dragging a Texas rig on the bottom in 25-35 feet of water works in the daytime.

Comment

Fish dawn and dusk, I love a Texas rigged plastic worm or any other creature soft plastic.

Comment

the best time is early morning or late afternoon and depends what the water is like, is it clear or murky?

Comment

fish deep in the day and shallow in the morning and night, slowly retrieve a soft plastic.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad