Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't seem to hear much about braided line. The talk seems to all be about flourocabon or mono. I have started using braided l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't seem to hear much about braided line. The talk seems to all be about flourocabon or mono. I have started using braided l

I don't seem to hear much about braided line. The talk seems to all be about flourocabon or mono. I have started using braided line on both my spinning reels and baitcasters and find it better in all aspects of my fishing. I'd be interested in other opinions as well as comments on the type of braid.

I would have to agree completly. I to have awitched over to using braided line. I use it on my fly-rods and my spinning reels. Its very good line. Very strong also.

Comment

I like it because you can have 15lb or 20lb test and its the same dia as 8lb and 10lb

Comment

i hope some says that they have been out fished while using braid. That would be the answer to all my problems. I switched the spiderwire when it first came out and never looked back. But all i hear about is florocarbon. I tried it once The berkley invisible stuff and it had alot of memory to it. (always looking for the next best thing) I saw that there is an invisabraid that came out. Might be worth checking out. it kinda looks like old chalky mono. maybe we have come full circle and dont know it.

Comment

It is all I use except for ultralight applications. I use 14lb Fireline on all my rods except for for two, the one I use for surface baits in heavy cover(froggies), jerkbaits or buzzbaiting and the one for large spinners, spinnerbaits and big cranks. Both of those get 20 lb as I am going to target large northern, bass and muskie more specifically this year.
          I don't troll much which is one application that no stretch lines are less than ideal for. Otherwise it casts farther, is more sensitive and strong as you could want.
          I do often use a 20 lb fluorocarbon leader when I fish for bass as all the lakes I fish have northerns too and I hate losing good bass lures to bite offs. I have only had two with the fluorocarbon in five years.

Comment

i use spiderwire and like it, no curling up and it works better on baitcasting for me.

Comment

Never used it but based off the responses here I think I'll go buy a roll

Comment

I've bounced around with the braided line brands and find that power pro works the best for me; both on the reel and the wallet.

Comment

I've tried spiderwire and I like it on my ultra light rigs but that's the only time I've had success with it. Maybe I cast to hard? Not enough finesse? I like mono.

Comment

Agreed with chuckles and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad