Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

for bass and occasionally walleye - should I use fireline or power pro? (on a spinning reel)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for bass and occasionally walleye - should I use fireline or power pro? (on a spinning reel)

for bass and occasionally walleye - should I use fireline or power pro? (on a spinning reel)

It probably doesn't matter either way. I personally prefer power pro over any other braid.

Comment

You ask far too many questions about fishing line... far too many in general for that matter.

Comment

Power pro, and Hunt-fish-sleep is right.

Comment

I have been using fireline crystal for my in-shore speckled trout and red drum fishing and love it. If you are fishing for a line wary fish be sure to use a leader of mono or flouro attached with a back to back uni knot. For battling bruiser fish and surfcasting I prefer power pro for line capacity and the high line tests available.

Comment

I prefer Fireline for bass and power pro for heavier fish like big cats or tiger Muskie.

Comment

alot of line questions, agreed. its gonna be a 50 50 split with any question like this. no easy answer to your line delemma

Comment

power pro all the way !!!!

Comment

i personally like fire line, it has very little stretch and holds a good knot. you have to keep a good eye on it because it frays after about 3 outings.

Comment

If i had to choose it would be fireline.

Comment

Agreed with vtbluegrass and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Fireline for sure!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad