Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any line that has NO memory at all? What is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any line that has NO memory at all? What is it?

Is there any line that has NO memory at all? What is it?

Spiderline and Fireline have virtually no "memory" as you word it - although modern lines have nearly no memory at all. Changing lines every six months is just fine.

Comment

The key word is "Nearly" all line will have memory, some will have more than others.

Comment

There is not "no memory" line, there is low memory line from several manufacturers. Don't let the line sit on the real out in the sun for long periods of time and the same for cold temperatures. Finally change your line about every six months or sooner if you need to. You can look at the line and tell when it needs changing.

Comment

I use berkley fireline and it works awesome! The least memory I've ever had. I now have it on all 3 of my rods. Definitely the way to go, and way better than monofilament!

Comment

Fireline is suppose to have little memory. Good luck finding line with no memory, I am not sure if they even make it. Would be a great invention though...

Comment

There is a line called Amnesia Line that has no memory at all. It's pricey but would be good for a leader material

Comment

Try braided line. It has different quirks than mono but well worth it. I have been using 15# test on a Diawa Advantage 2500 for one year straight and have not had one incident of any coiling or memory. 15# braid = 6# mono diameter. Extremely limp.NO MEMORY!! Florida fishing 24/7

Comment

Spiderwire has virtually no memory, and if the line is not abraded, there is no reason to change it every six months. I have some that has been on a reel for several years of fresh and saltwater fishing with no noticeable loss in breaking strength.

Comment

DON'T HAVE A GOOD ANSWER,BUT DO I EVER UNDERSTAND THE QUESTION.
                    I USE SONIC 20# BRAID ZND SO FAR IT IS THE LIMPEST I HAVE FOUND.
                    I SUSPECT IF THERE IS A no MEMORY LINE IT MAY BE COST PROHIBITIVE ?

I AM SO FED UP WITH MONO I SWEAR I WILL NEVER USE IT AGAIN, BUT A LOT OF MY FISHING BUDDIES USE NOTHING BUT MONO IF YOU MUST FISH WITH MONO THE BEST I HAVE FOUND IS SOME VERY INEXPENSIVE LINE CAlLED "WORLD WIDE SPORTSMAN CAMOUFLAGED PREMIUM LINE IN ONE POUND SPOOLS".

I THREW THIS BALL IN BASS PRO SHOPS COURT AND THEY DRIBBLED. I RECENTLY BOUGHT MY FIRST BAITCASTER COMBO AND WANTED TO RIG IT WITH A LONG CASTING, NO MEMORY LINE OF ANY PRICE. THEIR ANSWER WAS "IT DEPENDS ON WHO YOU ASK" WHICH OF COURSE DOES NOT ANSWER MY QUESTION.

I SUPPOSE ALL OF THIS AND YOUR GREAT QUESTION DOES SUPPORT THE "ART" OF ANGLING. WILL IT EVER BE A SCIENCE? I AM READY FOR A BIT OF OBJECTIVE SCIENCE.

I WISH I COULD ANSWER YOUR QUESTION

SINCERELY

old timer

Comment

Agreed with Ziggy4334 and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Fireline has no memory line.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad