Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to catch bass on an ultralight? What line do you use? What lures do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to catch bass on an ultralight? What line do you use? What lures do you use?

Is it possible to catch bass on an ultralight? What line do you use? What lures do you use?

Yes, I used 6 lb trilene for a long time. I had to switch to 8 lb because I got tired of breaks at my friends pond.

Comment

The rod must have a line weight of at elast 6 lbs. otherwise, you better br fishing for rock bass.

Comment

I love to fish smallies with line as light as 1 and 2 lb test. Small in-line spinners like rooster tails and panther martins work very well.

Comment

Yes they are alot of fun for bass. I use a line in the 6-8 pound range and I use RoosterTails, Panther Martins, or beetlespins.

Comment

I've caught 5-6lb bass on an ultralight spinning rig with 4lb test, so yes.

Comment

Yes just like Golfing and teufelhunden said, inline spinners with about 6 pound line. If you're a bait caster 17 pound line guy you're going to have to vary you technique here you can't just horse them in you'll have to work them. Anything over 6 pounds is going to be a lot of fun!

Comment

Very easily I've caught many fish including muskie on an ultralight with 6 Lb. test on so it shouldn't be a problem fishing with one. I've even caught bass on 4 lb test line fishing for bluegill with a nightcrawler.

Comment

I like to rig my ultralight with 2 or 4lb test line, normally trilene xl or mr crappie line works really well with ultralight setups.

I use micro versions of rattle traps and crankbaits that are 1/32oz or so, they work perfectly with the ultralight setups and the fight is intense on the tackle.

Comment

2 pound test is too much of a pain in the rear to tie for me. 4 pound on an ultralight spinning rig is a lot of fun, and the Bagley Honey-B is the best ultralight crankbait ever made. The ultralight version of the Rebel crawfish runs a close second. I also like the 4 inch Slider worms.

Comment

of course you can. you can catch them on cane poles if you want.

Comment

I have some very busy days using 4 lb test and a Rebel Crawfish. Loads of fun.

Comment

I just caught a 4.3lb "white" bass while crappie fishing with 6lb. line and a minnow. IT WAS A BLAST !

Comment

yes, 6lb. cajun line, I use all plastic worms anything above an inch and below 4 inches

Comment

Yes and I use Roostertails for me.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad