• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best technique and time to your a tiny torpedo by heddon

What is the best technique and time to your a tiny torpedo by heddon

I have never had any luck with these but i only hear good things

Comment

I use mine when the water is calm and the weather is cool. I cast parallel to the weed line and use a pop-pop-pause retrieve. Early in the morning when the shadows are long and the water is glassy I love to see the explosion when a bass hits it.

Comment

These lures seem to work the best for me early in the morning or late in the evening when the water has settled down.

I pitch to pockets for clear water surrounded by lilly pads or weed beds, and work the lure with a stop and go technique, similar to the way you would work a pop-r, instead of the standard retrieve change it up a bit and you can get more out of the lure.

Comment

teufelhunden and dwaynez pretty much covered it. I have had some strikes during long pauses, something about just letting it sit out there on occasion will be more than a big bass can stand, so if you need a break from reeling, toss it out there, do a couple pop-pop pauses, then just let it sit for a minute or two. Usually they get smacked about the time you quit paying attention.

Comment

Agreed with teufelhunden answer above and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad