Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

got some new artificial worms and have a little idea how to fish them but really don't know much else such as how to fish, where

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got some new artificial worms and have a little idea how to fish them but really don't know much else such as how to fish, where

got some new artificial worms and have a little idea how to fish them but really don't know much else such as how to fish, where to fish, how to rig them.

depends on what type of worm,
    but usually u can rig them texas or regular style
    look on youtube for tips

Comment

I like to rig them on a weedless hook, with a slip bullet sinker and bead. Put the bead between the weight hook, so it makes a clicking noise when the weight slides back to the hook as you retrieve. Cast and let sink, I like to reel for a few seconds then let it re-sink on the retrieve, most srtikes come as the worm is falling.

Comment

I have the vast majority of success rigging mine weightless, around weedlines, in the weeds, open water, etc, although if it gets to windy this is not a good method, then I will add weight.
        Usualy I will use an extra wide gap offset hook size 2/0 for a 7" worm, 5/0 for a 10" worm. Narrower hook gaps will also work, its all preference. Keeper type hooks are also tough to beat, especially when you are just learning this technique.

Comment

I'm a big Carolina-rig guy, especially this time of the year. Slip a 1/2 or 1/4 bullet weight through the line and then a red glass bead and brass clacker. Next tie on a barrel swivel. Next cut a piece of line 18-24 inches long and tie one end to the barrel swivel. Finally, tie on a 3/0 wide gap hook to the end and slip that worm on. When you cast throw it right up on the bank and drag it back in the water. Then you just slow real it back to the boat, pausing occasionally and twitching. A Carolina-rigged lizard is hard to beat on nesting bass.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad